Fafi developer builds can now index individual urls, and extract urls from text based files (such as .html). That should make it more interesting if you want to search page content but don’t use Firefox.
Search Firefox bookmark contents, with this commandline client. Fafi extracts the page content of bookmarks and stores them into a searchable SQLite database.
- Pex Support! Just run the
fafi.pexfile from the terminal.
- Skip localhost indexing.
- Correct console_script entrypoint, fixing pipx install.
- Updated dependencies.
You can download the pex file, or use
pipx install fafi (requires pipx), and run it.
Search Firefox bookmark contents, with this commandline client. Fafi extracts the content of the bookmarks and stores them into a searchable SQLite database
New in this release:
- skip .test domains
- new argument—max-exists (replaces —stop-when-exists)
- incremental indexing based since last indexed bookmark
- user chooses firefox profile to index when multiple profiles are detected
- update dependencies (python 3.8 required)
- security updates